SOS Project: Media and Resources
- "Jefferson County family court Judge Brian Huff saluted on teen programs," Eric Velasco, The Birmingham News, July 29, 2012.
- "No Easy Answers When it Comes to Truant Youth," Judge Steven Teske, Juvenile Justice Information Exchange, April 9, 2012.
- “To get kids to class, L.A. softens its hard line,” Morning Edition, NPR, March 1, 2012.
- “RI lawmakers: suspensions no remedy for truancy,” www.boston.com, March 1, 2012.
- “Federal court says jailing truant students is unconstitutional,” San Antonio Express, February 16, 2012
- “Juvenile Justice at a Pivotal Moment”, Roll Call, November 10, 2009, submitted by David Schmidt, CJJ’s National Chair and Ward Loyd, CJJ’s former National Vice Chair
- Addressing the Needs of Multi-System Youth: Strengthening the Connection between Child Welfare and Juvenile Justice, Center for Juvenile Justice Reform and Robert F, Kennedy Children’s Action Corp, March 2012.
- Juvenile Court Statistics 2008, National Center for Juvenile Justice and Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention, July 2011.
- Seven Things Juvenile Courts Should Know About Learning Disabilities, National Council of Juvenile and Family Court Judges, 2011.
- Representing Juvenile Status Offenders, American Bar Association, 2010
- The Dangers of Detention: The Impact of Incarcerating Youth in Detention and Other Secure Facilities, Justice Policy Institute, 2009
- Making Court the Last Resort: A New Focus for Supporting Families in Crisis, Vera Institute for Justice and the Models for Change Initiative of the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, 2008
- “Juvenile Status Offenses: Treatment and Early Intervention,” American Bar Association Technical Assistance Bulletin No. 29, 2007
- "Rethinking Juvenile Status Offense Laws: Considerations for Congressional Review of the Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention Act,” Claire Shubik and Jessica Kendall, Family Court Review, Vol. 45 No. 3, July 2007.