- About Us
- Core Principles
- Our Work
- LGBTQ Youth
- Member Engagement
- Models for Change
- National Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention Coalition
- Police and Youth Relations
- Public Safety Performance Project
- Safety, Opportunity and Success Project
- Youth Engagement
- Federal Policy
- News & Resources
2017 CJJ Annual Conference
Council of SAGs’ Meeting and Hill Day
June 14-17, 2017
Washington Hilton Hotel
CJJ's 2017 Annual Conference, "Access, Accountability, & Advocacy: Addressing Educational, Physical, and Mental Health Needs in the Juvenile Justice System," will take place June 14-17. Participants will have the chance to meet with their Senators and Representatives on June 14, with the full conference taking place on June 15-16. Conference attendees are invited to stay through on June 17 for the annual meeting of State Advisory Group members, CJJ's voting and policy setting body.
This national event will bring together stakeholders from across the country to discuss ways to address the needs of children who are involve with the system, or are at risk of becoming involving with the system. Presenters will also talk about ways to make sure that children receive quality care if they do become involved with the juvenile justice system. Sessions will focus on the latest research, developments, and challenges facing our field today. Specifically:
- What can be done to help ensure access to educational, physical, and mental health services before youth come into contact with the juvenile justice system?
- How can we use what we know about youth development to improve educational and health services for young people who are involved with the system?
- What can be done to ensure systems remain accountable for providing youth with adequate services?
- What role does advocacy play as communities seek to improve services and provide for trauma-informed care for children and youth?
Click here for a copy of the latest draft agenda.
Jan 20-Feb 28
Apr 29-May 26
CJJ Member: $335
Full-Time Student: $175
CJJ Member Rate: $395
Full-Time Student: $185
CJJ Member Rate: $455
Full-Time Student: $195
*Please note, non-member and student rates include a 2017 CJJ Individual Membership.
Hotel Room Block
CJJ has secured a room block at the Washington Hilton. The room rate is $242/night, the federal per diem rate for Washington, DC. To make your reservation, please visit: aws.passkey.com/go/cjjannualconference. The hotel room block closes Friday, May 19. Please be sure to book early, the room block is limited and CJJ will not be faciliating an overflow location.
CJJ is now accepting nominations for its annual awards:
- A.L. Carlisle Child Advocacy Award
- Tony Gobar Outstanding Juvenile Justice Specialist Award
- Spirit of Youth Award
For more information, please click on one of the links above or email [email protected]. To submit a nomination directly, please visit: www.surveygizmo.com/s3/3312714/2017-CJJ-Annual-Conference-Awards-Nomination-Form. Nominations are due February 24.
CJJ Executive Board Elections
CJJ is now accepting applications/nominations for open positions on its Executive Board:
- National Vice Chair
- National Youth Chair
- National DMC Coordinator
- Midwest Region Representative (click here to see what region your state is in)
- Southern Region Representative (click here to see what region your state is in)
- Northeastern Region Representative (click here to see what region your state is in)
- Western Region Representative (click here to see what region your state is in)
Click here for more information. To apply or nominate someone directly, please visit: www.surveygizmo.com/s3/3317569/2017-Executive-Board-Application
CJJ invites you to consider sponsoring or exhibiting at the 2017 CJJ Annual Conference. Sponsorships are an easy and affordable way to promote your program, publication, or institution to a targeted audience 350 juvenile justice professionals at the event, and across CJJ's listserv of more than 9,000 professionals across the county. This year, CJJ also has a limited number of exhibitor spaces available on June 15-16. The Exhibit Hall is located in a prime location, ideally situated alongside the conference registration areas and outside of the general session and breakout rooms. For more information, please click here, email [email protected], or submit a sponsorship/exhibitor application.